Location: Newton, IA
Shift: Night: 7p7a, 13 Weeks contract
Job Description: This position accepts the responsibility and accountability for the delivery of patient care during the patient’s stay, through the use of the nursing process. Directs patient/family education and delegates to ancillary personnel while maintaining professional nursing standards.
- The registered nurse plans and provides professional nursing care to the patient from admission to discharge.
- He/She coordinates care with other disciplines, consults with the family or significant others, and collaborates with the physician on the patient’s behalf.
- The RN assesses, implements, and evaluates nursing care.
- The RN is responsible for supervision of PCTs and Support Assistants.
- The medical surgical registered nurse provides care in a 23 private room unit.
- This unit cares for patients with a variety of medical and surgical diagnosis including but not limited to, congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias, pneumonia, diabetes, COPD, abdominal surgeries, total joint replacements, hospice, orthopedics, skilled rehabilitation and infusion care.
- Graduate of a program in professional nursing.
- Must have 2 years of recent Med/surg experience required.
- Current and Valid State RN License required.
- BLS Certification required
- ACLS Certification required
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19