Location: Springfield, MA
Shift: Days: Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm, every other weekend 40 Hours- 2nd shift. 13 Weeks contract
Job Description: A radiologic technologist assists physicians to identify illnesses and injuries through using diagnostic imaging equipment such as x-ray, CT, MRI, and mammography machines. The radiologic technologist may specialize in one type of diagnostic imaging, for example, a CT technician, or may specialize in several different types.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient examinations.
- Administering radiopharmaceuticals to obtain clear, usable images.
- Positioning patients and equipment, explaining the procedures, and ensuring patients' comfort.
- Inserting commands and data into the computer to document and specify the scan sequences, and monitoring the video display to adjust the density or contrast.
- Monitoring patients during examinations, ensuring their safety, and following procedures to prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation.
- Producing diagnostic images, reporting important information to the Physician, and updating patients' records.
- Organizing the daily procedure schedules for emergencies and monitoring radiographic supplies.
- Performing administrative tasks, such as answering technical questions, scheduling appointments, and offering pre-procedure advice.
- Performing scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs on radiographic equipment.
- Must have 1+ years recent Radiology Tech experience
- Must be a Registered Radiology Tech, Massachusetts License Required
- ARRT Certification required.
- BLS Certification required.
- Must be Fully vaccinated for COVID-19