Location: Passaic, NJ
Shift: Nights 11pm-7am, 8 hours per week, Weekends only, Per diem
Start date: ASAP
The Computed Tomography (C.T.) Technologist is a highly skilled professional who uses specialized computerized x-ray equipment to produce cross sectional images of the human anatomy which aid radiologists in diagnosing a wide variety of diseases and disorders. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using computerized tomography equipment to capture diagnostic images of patients’ internal organs and tissues.
- Appropriately positioning patients to scan specific areas of their bodies.
- Performing regular warm-up sequences on the CT scanner to prolong the life of the X-ray tubes.
- Sterilizing radiologic equipment to ensure the safety of patients.
- Correctly interpreting doctors' written scanning instructions.
- Administering radiocontrast agents to patients to enhance the visibility of internal organs and tissues.
- Evaluating CT scans to determine whether they are of good technical quality.
- Explaining scanning procedures to patients and providing reassurance and support as required.
- Education and Experience:
- Must have 2 years of recent CT Tech experience.
- ARRT (CT) Certification required
- BLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires highly skilled, detail-oriented professional with excellent communication and sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. You will need a Bachelor's or associate's degree in radiologic technology and a valid state license to work as a CT Technologist. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in diagnostics are highly desirable.