Location: Saint Paul, MN
Shift: Variable (as needed) Per diem, Part time
Start date: ASAP
The X-ray technician's responsibilities include monitoring radiology supplies, attending mandatory staff meetings and training sessions, and ensuring that the x-ray machines are set at the correct radiation levels. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing physicians’ orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per physicians’ written orders.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Working closely with the resident Radiologist to determine whether further tests are required.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is regularly serviced and in good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
- Education and Experience:
- Must have 1+ years of recent X-ray tech experience
- ARRT Certification required
- BLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19