Location: Passaic, NJ
Shift: Day : 0700-1930, Per Diem, 1 Year contract
Start date: ASAP
Surgical technologists support surgeries by preparing operating rooms, helping doctors, and arranging equipment. They are also known as operating room technicians or surgical technicians. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing sterile operating rooms for surgeries.
- Sterilizing equipment and instruments.
- Stocking adequate supplies for surgery.
- Preparing patients for surgery by washing and disinfecting incision sites.
- Providing support during surgery by passing instruments and other supplies.
- Tracking surgical supplies.
- Staying up-to-date on surgical technology, medical terminology, and procedures.
- Working well with surgeons, surgical assistant, nurses and general surgical team.
- Helping provide great patient care.
- Education and Experience:
- ORT Training grad
- Must have min. 3 years experience in surgical setting; experience scrubbing for surgical procedures
- CST Certification required.
- BLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- EPIC knowledge and experience required.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a dynamic CVOR tech to strong understanding of surgical technology and procedure. Experience with instrumentation is greatly preferred.