We are looking for a licensed nurse practitioner to join our growing team of medical professionals. Your duties will include recording patients' medical histories, performing physical exams, administering diagnostic tests, and creating patient care plans. You will also administer treatment and observe patients' functioning over time.
To be successful as a nurse practitioner, you should be empathic but resolute in your decision-making, and attentive to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch nurse practitioner will exhibit cultural competence and exceptional teamwork skills.
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Performing physical exams and patient observations.
- Recording patients' medical histories and symptoms.
- Creating patient care plans and contributing to existing ones.
- Ordering, administering, and analyzing diagnostic tests.
- Monitoring and operating medical equipment.
- Diagnosing health issues.
- Administering medicine and other treatments.
- Detecting changes in patients' health and modifying treatment plans, as needed.
- Consulting with healthcare professionals and families.
- Training patients and their families to manage and prevent illness and injury.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Masters degree from an accredited nursing program.
- RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and board-certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- APN authorization in the state where employed to practice in family health by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Prescriptive authorization.
- Experience providing primary care as a family nurse practitioner.
- Proficiency with medical instruments and equipment required to perform your work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
- A sound understanding of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of disease prevention.