Location: Syracuse, NY (contracts only 50+radius with local rate under 60-mile proximity)
Shift: Night: 1900-0730, 36/wk, 89 Days/ 13 Weeks contract
Every other Holiday Every other Weekend No call required
Start date: ASAP
As an Inpatient Telemetry Nurse, you will provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Intermediate level of care- Step down
- Other assignments as needed
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Must have 1+ years of recent experience. Cardiology experience preferred. Cardiac medication/infusions Telemetry/temporary pacemakers. Post procedural, Cath Lab, EP, TAVRs, CHF, RAF, Medication loading, pre-ops for Cardiac Surgery
- New York State RN License required
- BLS and ACLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Must have knowledge and experience of EPIC- EHR
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in nursing are highly desirable.