Location: Springfield, MA
Shift: Night 1900 -07:30, 36 hours per week every other weekend, 13 Weeks contract
Start date: ASAP
As a Telemetry Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing care for critically ill patients, monitor the condition of patients in telemetry units, and administer medication. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studying patients' medical history, test results, and treatment plans.
- Tracking routine heart rate, blood pressure, and pulse oximetry measurements.
- Monitoring, interpreting, and recording data from specialized medical technologies and equipment.
- Administering medication and performing treatment interventions in consultation with healthcare specialists.
- Maintaining and updating ward charts, patient files, and medical records.
- Instructing Telemetry Unit staff on patient care and treatment plans.
- Explaining tests results and procedures to patients and their families, as well as answering questions.
- Advising patients on post-hospital care, including prescribed medicine, home care protocols, disease prevention, and lifestyle changes.
- Willing to float to other Units
- Other assignments as needed
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- M/S Tele Float RN w/ 1+ years of recent intermediate (PCU) experience
- Valid State RN License required
- BLS and ACLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Must be willing to float among similar units
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in nursing are highly desirable.