Location: Muskegon, MI
Shift: Nights 9pm-7:30am, 36 hours, 13 week contract
In this role, your duties will include preparing operating rooms, liaising with healthcare professionals on patient care, and providing patients with post-surgery instructions. Operating room nurses should possess extensive experience in providing patients with post-operative care and exhibit specialized knowledge of sterilization techniques.
- Providing surgical patients with perioperative care in recovery, procedure, and operating rooms.
- Stocking operating rooms with sterile surgical equipment, linens, and supplies.
- Developing and implementing nursing care plans for surgical patients.
- Preparing patients for surgery by cleaning and disinfecting areas to be operated on.
- Assisting surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Applying sterile techniques in handling medical instruments and equipment pre-, during, and post-surgery.
- Collaborating with surgical teams and other medical professionals on patient medication and post-surgery care.
- Updating patient files and medical records.
- Assisting with the ordering, maintenance, and safe storage of surgical equipment and supplies.
- Providing patients with post-surgery care instructions and answering questions.
- 2 years of operating room experience
- Valid State RN License (MI)
- BLS required