Location: Saint Paul, MN
Shift: Variable (as needed) Per diem, Part Time
Start date: ASAP
As a Critical Care Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing round-the-clock care for premature and ill newborn infants and their families. Your duties include caring for infants' basic needs, such as diaper changes and feeding, and coordinating the infants' medical treatments with the NICU physician. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing round-the-clock care to premature and severely ill newborn infants.
- Caring for the basic needs of infants; for example, feeding and changing diapers.
- Performing medical procedures; for example, inserting intravenous lines, performing tests, and administering medications.
- Assisting the NICU physicians in medical procedures and treatments.
- Using and adjusting specialized medical equipment.
- Formulating nursing plans and evaluating the effectiveness of treatments.
- Comforting ill newborns and anxious parents and family members.
- Offering support to parents and family members and educating them on the at-home care of their newborn.
- Other assignments as needed
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Must have 2 years of Critical care experience with at least 1 year of recent experience in NICU.
- Current and Valid State RN License required
- BLS and ACLS Certifications required
- PALS and NRP Certifications preferred
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 required
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in a ICU setting and additional certifications in ICU nursing are highly desirable.