Location: Saint Paul, MN
Shift: Variable (as needed) Per diem, Part Time
Start date: ASAP
The neonatal nurse's responsibilities include attending births, measuring and weighing infants, caring for and monitoring the health of infants directly after birth, and educating new parents about breastfeeding and the care of their child. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attending births and providing care for infants directly after birth.
- Evaluating and overseeing the care of infants in the NICU.
- Monitoring the health of infants suffering from medical issues relating to birth, such as prematurity or congenital defects.
- Performing tests and obtaining and evaluating the results.
- Providing treatment and administering medication as proscribed by the NICU physician.
- Documenting patient history.
- Running and maintaining the equipment in the NICU.
- Educating new parents on the care of their new infant; for example, breastfeeding.
- Communicating with parents or guardians about the care and medical procedures related to their infant.
- Other assignments as needed
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Must have 2 years of recent RN Neonatal experience
- Current and Valid State RN License required
- BLS and ACLS Certifications required
- PALS and NRP Certifications preferred
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 required
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in a ICU setting and additional certifications in ICU nursing are highly desirable.