Location: La Palma, CA
Shift: 1900-0730, 12 hour shift, On call Per Unit Needs, Per Diem, 1 Year contract
Job Description: This position accepts the responsibility and accountability for the delivery of patient care during the patient’s stay, through the use of the nursing process. Directs patient/family education and delegates to ancillary personnel while maintaining professional nursing standards.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans in consultation with healthcare professionals.
- Evaluating medical information, as well as providing direct and individualized bedside nursing care to pre-and post-surgery patients.
- Preparing, administering and recording prescribed medications.
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs.
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment as needed, as well as interpreting and recording measurements.
- Monitoring patients' vitals and reporting adverse reactions to medications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team.
- Answering questions and educating patients and their families on surgical procedures and post-surgery care.
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records.
- Adhering to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Must have 2 years of recent RN med surg experience.
- Current and valid state RN License
- BLS Certification required
- ACLS Certification required
Other Mandatory Requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19