Location: Monroe, NC
Shift: Night: 7pm-7am, 3X12, 36 hours per week, 13 week contract
Start Date: ASAP
As a Medical-Surgical Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing comprehensive nursing care to patients in the medical-surgical units. Your duties will encompass a broad spectrum of tasks to ensure high-quality patient care, safety, and satisfaction. Key responsibilities include:
- Patient Assessment and Care:
- Conduct thorough patient assessments, including medical history, vital signs, and medication review.
- Develop individualized care plans in collaboration with a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Administer medications, monitor, and document treatment progress and patient response.
- Medical-Surgical Procedures:
- Assist physicians with examinations, procedures, and surgeries.
- Prepare patients for surgery and coordinate post-operative care.
- Perform wound care and other necessary medical-surgical nursing interventions.
- Education and Communication:
- Educate patients and their families on disease processes, medical-surgical procedures, and other aspects of therapeutic regimens.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, and the healthcare team to ensure the understanding of medical conditions and treatment plans.
- Technology and Documentation:
- Utilize various medical technologies to enhance patient care and monitor conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records, ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of patient information.
- Professional Development:
- Engage in continuing education and professional development opportunities to maintain current knowledge and competencies in medical-surgical nursing.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to enhance nursing practices and healthcare outcomes.
- Team Collaboration:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care to medical-surgical patients.
- Provide supervision and guidance to nursing staff, ensuring adherence to quality and safety standards.
- Compliance and Regulation Adherence:
- Adhere to established policies, procedures, and regulatory standards to ensure compliance and optimal patient care.
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in a medical-surgical setting and additional certifications in medical-surgical nursing are highly desirable.
- Education and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing; BSN preferred.
- Must have 2 years of recent Med/surg experience.
- NC State RN License required or Compact State License
- AHA BLS Certification required.
- AHA ACLS Certification required.
- NIHSS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19