Location: Ontario, OR
Shift: Nights: 7:00PM-7:30AM, 36 hours, 13 week contract
Start date: ASAP
As a Labor and Delivery Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing comprehensive nursing care to patients in the Labor and Delivery units. Your duties will encompass a broad spectrum of tasks to ensure high-quality patient care, safety, and satisfaction and provide care to a mother and her baby during pregnancy and after delivery. Key responsibilities include:
- Patient Assessment and Care Responsibilities:
- Provide general nursing care to labor and delivery patients
- Assist physicians during surgical procedures. Ensure that patients are prepared for surgery
- Maintain accurate medical records
- Ensure that equipment, supplies, and environment are clean, safe, and comfortable
- They monitor and support patients in the labor and delivery department, helping with every stage from the time expectant mothers are admitted until they’re discharged.
- They also help new parents learn how to care for their babies and support their emotional needs in addition to their physical needs.
- Take patient vital signs
- Perform routine laboratory tests
- Other assignments as needed
- Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Must have 1+ years of recent RN Labor and Delivery experience
- Current and Valid State RN License required.
- BLS and ACLS Certification required.
- NRP and EFM Certification required
- PALS certification preferred
- Mandatory requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in a Labor and Delivery setting and additional certifications in Labor and Delivery nursing are highly desirable.