We are looking for a caring, dedicated labor and delivery nurse to join our team of physicians, midwives, and other professionals in caring for women during their pregnancy, labor, and birth.
- Meeting with expectant mothers for prenatal visits and providing care for normal and problematic pregnancies.
- Teaching childbirth preparation classes.
- Providing information, guidance, and hands-on clinical care to pregnant women.
- Monitoring fetal heartbeat and length and strength of contractions during labor.
- Coaching women, assisting with any complications and administering medications during birth.
- Performing tests on newborns after birth.
- Providing guidance to new mothers on all aspects of recovery and infant care.
- Using equipment and administering medications related to labor, delivery, and the care of newborns.
Location: Newton, IA
Shift: Days 7:00AM-7:30PM, 36 hours, 3X12, 13 week contract
2 years of labor and delivery experience
Valid State RN License