Location: Saint Paul, MN
Shift: Variable (as needed) Per diem, Part time
Start date: ASAP
As a ER Nurse, you will play a crucial role in helping doctors in medical emergencies. ER nurses are expected to assist doctors, perform minor medical operations, and treat patients experiencing a critical injury, allergic reactions, or trauma. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice.
- The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry.
- The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department.
- He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient’s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
- Is capable of responding quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Must have 2 years of recent RN ER experience.
- Current and Valid State RN License required.
- Current BLS Certification required
- Current ACLS Certification required
- Other Requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in nursing are highly desirable.