Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Shift: Night: 7p-7:30a, EOW, 13 Weeks contract
Start date: ASAP
As a Critical Care Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing meticulous care for patients in the intensive care units. Your duties include evaluating the patient’s conditions, administering treatment and providing constant support during recovery. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and monitor the patient’s progress.
- Identify sudden or subtle changes in a patient’s medical condition.
- Deliver regular updates to doctors, patients, and their family members.
- Begin treatment and monitor doses.
- If necessary, respond to a medical emergency and alert the appropriate doctors.
- Care for patient needs throughout their recovery in the ICU unit.
- Complete all necessary paperwork before transferring a patient.
- Maintain patient records.
- Create and implement effective care plans.
- Other assignments as needed
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Must have 2 years of RN ICU experience.
- Current and Valid State RN License required (CA License)
- BLS and ACLS Certifications required
- PALS and NIHSS Certifications preferred
- Other requirements:
- Previous Travel required
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 required
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in a ICU setting and additional certifications in ICU nursing are highly desirable.