Location: Dubuque, IA
Shift: Day: 07:00-17:30, 13 weeks contract
Start date: ASAP
As a Cath Lab Nurse, you will play a crucial role in providing patients with cardiac care before, during and after medical operations. Your primary task is to assist patients who require catheters. Your duties include examining the patients to ensure they're in proper health for surgery and helping them through recovery. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling paperwork, like consent forms, and filing documents with patient records.
- Preparing for operations, which might require sterilization of the space.
- Monitoring patient vitals and sedation during and after operations to make sure patients don't have unexpected reactions
- Examining the patient before and after the procedure
- Sharing discharge paperwork and care instructions with patients or their families.
- Revising patient charts to add information about their operation
- Other assignments as needed
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Must have 1+ years of recent RN Cath lab experience.
- Current and Valid State RN License required
- BLS and ACLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a valid state Registered Nurse (RN) license. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in nursing are highly desirable.