Location: Queens, NY
Shift: Day : 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, 5X8, 40 hr per week, contract position
Start date: ASAP
A home health nurse's responsibilities include working with other healthcare professionals to create treatment plans, ensuring that patients stick to treatment plans, and monitoring patients' vital signs. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Cleaning and re-dressing wounds if needed.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
- Creating reports to track the patients' progress.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Two years of previous acute care experience in MedSurg, Maternal and child care, Critical Care, Pediatrics.
- Current Adult Care home health experience
- New York State RN License required
- AHA BLS Certification required.
- Certified Home Health skills required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Long term care skills
Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in nursing are highly desirable.