Location: Elmhurst, NY (***Local Candidates Only***)
Shift: Days: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, 5X8, 40 hrs/wk, Contract Position
Alternating weekends required. Rotating weekends is a requirement and workers must report as scheduled including holidays. Please see the shift time, hours per week/day on the request and ensure you will be able to commit to the schedule provided by the facility.
No Virtual Interviews - In-Person
Job Description: A radiologic technologist assists physicians to identify illnesses and injuries through using diagnostic imaging equipment such as x-ray, CT, MRI, and mammography machines. The radiologic technologist may specialize in one type of diagnostic imaging, for example, a CT technician, or may specialize in several different types.
- Preparing examination rooms for patient examinations.
- Administering radiopharmaceuticals to obtain clear, usable images.
- Positioning patients and equipment, explaining the procedures, and ensuring patients' comfort.
- Inserting commands and data into the computer to document and specify the scan sequences, and monitoring the video display to adjust the density or contrast.
- Monitoring patients during examinations, ensuring their safety, and following procedures to prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation.
- Producing diagnostic images, reporting important information to the Physician, and updating patients' records.
- Organizing the daily procedure schedules for emergencies and monitoring radiographic supplies.
- Performing administrative tasks, such as answering technical questions, scheduling appointments, and offering pre-procedure advice.
- Performing scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs on radiographic equipment.
- Associate's Degree (Community College, MBO)
- Must have 1 year recent General Radiographer experience.
- A valid license as a radiologic technologist issued by the NYSDOH required.
- BLS (AHA)
- ARRT (R)Certification preferred
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 required