Location: Passaic, NJ
Shift: Day : 0700-1930, Per Diem, 1 Year contract
As a Radiation therapists, you will work with oncology teams in order to determine the best course of radiation treatment for patients. You will work under the guidance of a radiation oncologist and play a pivotal role in the planning and execution of radiation treatments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing individualized radiation therapy treatments to patients, in consultation with the oncology team.
- Explaining the process to patients and answering any questions.
- Administering radiation therapies as per patient treatment plans.
- Using medical imaging equipment to ensure treatments are delivered accurately.
- Assessing patients’ reactions to treatments, providing advice on the side effects of treatments, and methods of alleviating these.
- Monitoring the progress of patients and suggesting amendments to treatment plans, when necessary.
- Providing ongoing support to patients and their families.
- Performing quality assurance tests on simulation and treatment machines to ensure they are in working order.
- Undertaking oncology research in order to improve treatment methods.
- A bachelor's degree in Radiation therapy is required.
- At least 1+ years of recent experience as Radiation Therapist
- Valid State License as a Radiation Therapist is required
- BLS Certification required.
- ARRT Certification preferred.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19