Location: Saint Paul, MN
Shift: Variable (as needed) Per diem, Full time
Start date: ASAP
A medical assistant is responsible for everything from administrative work to patient and physician support tasks at hospitals, doctor offices, medical clinics, and other facilities. They may help to get a patient's medical history information or to take their vital signs. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtaining and recording patient medical histories, vitals, test results, and other information for medical records while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Coordinating the daily administrative activities, including scheduling, patient check-in and check-out, and patient medical record maintenance.
- Preparing treatment rooms for clinical examinations and assisting practitioners with medical procedures and other patient care.
- Delivering compassionate support, attention, and assistance to patients and families.
- Ensuring compliance with all health care regulations, including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Preparing and administering medications for patients as directed by physicians.
- Education and Experience:
- Must have 1+ years of recent experience as LPN/ Medical Assistant.
- Must have certification from a medical assistant program. LPN/CMA Certification preferred
- BLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19