Location: Reno, NV
Shift: Day/Night, 13 Weeks contract
Start date: ASAP
As a Echo Technologist, you will play a crucial role in using echocardiogram technology to produce images of patient's hearts. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform echo tests/stress echo tests
- Print echo schedules
- Answer patient questions regarding testing
- Create phone notes in electronic medical record system and send to providers
- Gather pertinent documentation for ICAEL reaccreditation
- The individual will work to adhere to ICAEL standards for the facility and will take advantage of continuing education
- Determines appropriate methodology and techniques to use
- Prepares facilities in accordance with procedural requirements
- Monitors the patient’s physical condition during the course of the procedure
- Troubleshoot equipment and document errors or equipment malfunctions
- Education and Experience:
- Graduate of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate academic program in health science (including, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology, respiratory therapy, or nursing) or graduate of a programmatically accredited program in cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography) strongly preferred
- Must have 1+ years of recent Echo Tech experience.
- ARRT/ ARDMS/ RDCS/ RCVT/ RVT Certification required.
- BLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a dynamic Echo tech to perform EKG, echocardiogram, and phonocardiogram tests on cardiology patients, as well as assisting doctors with non-invasive procedures. You will need a Degree from an accredited school of Ultrasound Technology. Prior experience as a Echo Tech and additional certifications in diagnostics are highly desirable.