Location: Muskegon, MI
Shift: Days 6:30am-3:00pm, ***week day and weekend on call***, contract position
Job Description: As a cardiovascular operating room technician, also known as a CVOR tech or CVOR surgical tech, you monitor the most vital organ of the body: the heart.
- Assists physician in performing invasive procedures. Performs related radiographic/fluoroscopic imaging techniques to demonstrate catheter location, position, and document findings.
- Scrubs in for handling guide wires, catheter, administering contrast injections (excluding CVOR Surgical Technologist), flushing catheters, and other scrub duties as assigned per specialty.
- Performs pre-procedural patient care activities.
- Monitors and records patient’s condition and procedures’ progress. Retrieves and reviews patient data.
- Prepares and maintains sterile field.
- Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Must have cardiothoracic/cardiovascular experience.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technician) is required.
- BLS (AHA) is required.