Location: Baker City, OR
Shift: Night : 23:00-07:00, contract position
Start date: ASAP
As a CT Technologist, you will play a crucial role in monitoring patients throughout the scanning procedure to identify and respond to any allergic reactions to the contrast agents. Your duties include operating our CT scanning equipment and capture diagnostic images that are of good technical quality. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using computerized tomography equipment to capture diagnostic images of patients’ internal organs and tissues.
- Appropriately positioning patients to scan specific areas of their bodies.
- Performing regular warm-up sequences on the CT scanner to prolong the life of the X-ray tubes.
- Sterilizing radiologic equipment to ensure the safety of patients.
- Correctly interpreting doctors' written scanning instructions.
- Administering radiocontrast agents to patients to enhance the visibility of internal organs and tissues.
- Evaluating CT scans to determine whether they are of good technical quality.
- Explaining scanning procedures to patients and providing reassurance and support as required.
- Education and Experience:
- Must have 1+ years of recent CT Tech experience.
- State license to work as a CT technologist
- ARRT (CT) Certification required
- BLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication and sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. You will need a Bachelor's or associate's degree in radiologic technology and a valid state license to work as a CT Technologist. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in diagnostics are highly desirable.