Location: Brooklyn, NY
Shift: Night : 12:00 AM - 8:00 AM, 5X8, 40hrs/wk, Contract Position
Start date: ASAP
Hematology technicians are medical laboratory technicians who specialize in the testing and analysis of blood samples. Under the supervision of medical laboratory technologists, they run experiments on blood samples and write reports based on their findings. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for collecting blood samples from patients, analyzing the blood and relaying the results to a medical team.
- You will also work in a laboratory with other bodily fluids and tissues, so your attention to detail is paramount to maintaining a sterile environment and avoiding contamination.
- You may also administer blood transfusions, matching blood types from medical history forms or from your own analysis.
- You need to be familiar with computers because much of the laboratory equipment is automated and medical files are increasingly electronic.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must have 1 year of recent Hematology Clinical Laboratory Technologist experience.
- Valid license to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist issued by NYSED required
- BLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Hematology skills required
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires highly skilled, detail-oriented professional with excellent communication and sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. You will need a Bachelor's degree and a valid state license to work as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in diagnostics are highly desirable.