Location: Passaic, NJ
Shift: Night : 1900-0730, Per Diem, 1 Year contract
Start date: ASAP
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Microbiology Specialist I, is a professional in the field of clinical microbiology. In this role, the individual is responsible for conducting various laboratory tests and analyses related to the detection and identification of microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, in patient samples. Key responsibilities include specimen processing, culturing, and performing microscopic examinations to identify and characterize microorganisms. You should also be able to follow instructions and collaborate with others.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) performs a range of standard and technically demanding procedures and analysis on patient specimens in one or more clinical laboratory disciplines.
- This role recognizes critical and significant findings, reports test results, and maintains records of patient tests. Also, recognizes technical, instrumental, or physiological problems that could adversely affect tests or results, resolves, and documents.
- Performs calibration and maintenance of laboratory instruments.
- Adheres to quality control protocols to ensure accuracy of results.
- Monitors the accuracy and precision of all laboratory tests personally performed.
- Actively participates in continuing education programs.
- Communicates technical and general information to manager and medical staff.
- Projects an image of professionalism in communication, appearance and conduct. Supports the laboratory mission.
- Participates in the continuous quality improvement process. Maintains a working knowledge of departmental standard operating procedures.
- This knowledge may include the use of specialized instrumentation, quality control requirements, and preventative maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in medical technology or related science.
- Must have 1 year of recent Chemistry Clinical Laboratory Technologist experience.
- Valid license to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required
- BLS Certification preferred.
- CLS Certification required.
- Other requirements:
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
This position requires highly skilled, detail-oriented professional with excellent communication and sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical terminology. You will need a Bachelor's degree and a valid state license to work as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Prior experience in an acute care setting and additional certifications in diagnostics are highly desirable.