Location: Mason City, IA
Shift: Day: 07:00-15:30, 36 hrs/wk, Oncall Rotation, 13 Week contract
Start date: ASAP
This position accepts the responsibility and accountability for assisting with the physiological, hemodynamic, and radiographic monitoring, and assists with the cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures. Assists the RN with patient care and patient/family education. Key responsibilities include:
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- A. Provides competent patient care to the above indicated patient populations by obtaining and appropriately interpreting data, making appropriate decisions based on demonstrated knowledge of age-specific growth and development, and appropriately adapting procedures and treatments.
- B. Effectively communicates pertinent patient changes/conditions to coworkers and to multidisciplinary caregivers.
- C. Assists the physician directly in performing diagnostic and interventional procedures, utilizing sterile technique, and following departmental policies and procedures.
- D. Assists in and supervises the acquisition and analysis of physiologic, hemodynamic, angiographic data.
- E. Supports and abides by all medical center, departmental, and safety policies and procedures. Proactively identifies safety concerns surrounding the work environment..
- F. Maintains active logons/passwords for computer software systems that support patient care and education
- G. Enters on-line charges for patient-care services; accountable for revenue reconciliation and charge error correction as needed.
- H. Provides competent patient care to the above indicated patient populations by obtaining and appropriately interpreting data, making appropriate decisions based on demonstrated knowledge of age-specific growth and development, and appropriately adapting procedures and treatments. (if applicable)
- I. Communicates with and performs duties following Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa Guiding Behaviors. Communicates with internal/external customers/colleagues in a courteous, positive, empathic and professional manner. Always communicates with care, speaking calmly, clearly, and courteously with all customers in every interaction. Stops and listens when a customer/colleague speaks and communicates consistently in a professional and respectful manner. Accepts assignments willingly.
- J. Supports and abides by all medical center, departmental, and safety policies and procedures. Proactively identifies safety concerns surrounding the work environment.
- K. Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy and values of Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa and the Sisters of Mercy.
- L. Performs other responsibilities as requested by Cath Lab Supervisor, Clinical Nurse Manager and Director of the Cardiology Service Line.
- ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- A. Serving on house-wide committees
- B. Serving on unit specific committees, promoting quality, patient care, development and professional growth.
- C. Provides Radiation protection according to prescribed standards.
- Education :
- 1. Graduate of a Cardiovascular Technology Program and current credentialing OR
- 2. Graduate of a Radiological Technology Program and current licensure in the state of Iowa OR
- 3. Graduate of Licensed Practical Nursing program and current licensure in the state of Iowa or qualified multistate licensure required OR
- 4. Graduate of Surgical Technology program required, certification preferred OR
- 5. Graduate of Respiratory Technology program and current licensure in the state of Iowa OR
- 6. Graduate with Masters degree in Health Sciences and must pass RCIS boards within 5 years.
- Must have 1+years of Cath Lab Experience. Clinical experience in cardiology, cardiac cath lab, radiology areas, or procedural units required
- Must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association; or American Red Cross, Professional Rescuer-LIVE class only) via current card prior to employment or within 30 days of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Mandatory Reporting requirement within 6 months of hire and renews this requirement every 5 years.
- Must pass Cardiac Dysrhythmia class within 6 months of hire and maintain competency on yearly basis.
- ACLS certification is preferred
- Other requirements:
- Ability to meet on-call requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including flexibility with daily starting and ending times.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19